Friday, June 24, 2011

Book Club Night

Last night my book club met for our monthly meeting. The book we read was Stiff, the curious lives of human cadavers, by Mary Roach. I was the host, so I took the liberty of placing a book-themed centerpiece on the finger-food table.


The old gal had spent the past few years packed away in a closet.


We created her several years ago for a Halloween decoration, and she hasn't had many excuses to leave her closet since then.


I think she was glad to get out and about  for a night.

The book was extremely interesting, if a little nauseating at times, but I would recommend it to the curious.

And also for the curious, if you'd like instructions for creating your own mummy, visit this post on my other blog.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That is one creative center piece. I need a book club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juju!

    My book club is terrrific, I hardly ever miss a meeting.

    ReplyDelete